Solatube Versus Skylight Installation
The Solatube Daylighting Advantage
- Fast 2 hour professional installation
- Cost 75% less then skylight installations
- Compact design with leakproof guarantee
- Solatube captures more sunlight than skylights
- Solatube skylights filter harmful ultra violet light
- Can be customized with a dimmer, light or fan
- Multiple fixtures to suit to personal taste
- Solatube delivers 100% pure natural light
The Disadvantages To Skylights
- Skylights more costly. Compare $3500 vs $1000
- Skylight installations take significantly longer
- Skylights require more maintenance at a higher cost
- The light from skylights change position as the sun moves
- A bright skylight can be uncomfortable to stand under
- Skylights in bathrooms break down easily and stain
- Skylights gain more heat and cold
Solatube daylighting devices are all made with high-grade, durable materials that are built to maximize indoor lighting efficiency and last a long time.
Capture -The Solatube roof dome is made from injection molded acrylic, which captures natural light from every angle. Using Raybender® 3000 and LightTracker™ Reflector technology, the Solatube can redirect even the slightest of light into your home. By capturing low-angle sunlight and redirect overpowering midday sunlight, the Solatube dome provides consistent lighting throughout the day.
Transfer - The tubing is what directs it down into the house. Made from unique polymeric coating, the tubing for Solatube transfers all sunlight to the ceiling diffuser delivering light into the house. Delivering 99.7 percent specular reflectivity, Solatube daylighting devices provide the purest colour renditions possible so colours are brighter and truer than that of a regular skylight.
Deliver - Solatube delivers the natural light through a variety of stylish decorative fixtures. Each fixture not only compliments your decor, They also provide beautiful uniform light to every room.
Different Options for Different Areas
Our daylighting systems offer different tubular daylighting devices (160 DS and 290 DS, 10”- and 14”- wide tubes, respectively, with lengths up to 30’) to fit different applications and space sizes and fill them with natural light.
Diffusers for Beautiful Delivery
We offer a full line of attractive fixtures—both round and square—that create gorgeous spaces in your home with beautiful, diffused light.
Mounting for Any Roof
Solatube has leak-proof flashing options to mount its domes on any roof type, from shingle to tile, and everything in between.
Add-Ons & Accessories
From an integrated solar-powered nightlight to dimming, electric light and ventilation add-ons, you get the options you need to completely control your daylighting environment.